Colorado Parents of Blind Children
The Colorado Parents of Blind Children (CO-POBC) is a division of the NFBCO. Its mission is to offer support, information and encouragement to families and friends of blind/visually impaired children.
Here is what CO-POBC does:
- We connect families to each other and to blind role models in the community.
- We offer support and information about educational issues, the IEP (Individualized Education Program), Braille, technology and scholarships. Click here for a list of resources for parents.
- We organize family social events.
- We sponsor seminars and workshops for parents at the NFBCO State Convention.
- We provide access to free canes for kids.
- We support the Colorado Center for the Blind Youth Services Programs as parent mentors and participants (www.cocenter.org).
Parenting a child with blindness or a severe vision impairment can be a lonely job…there just aren’t that many of us out there! CO-POBC wants you to know you are not alone. Our organization not only provides a platform for parents to share their experiences and voice their concerns, but most importantly CO-POBC connects us to the real experts on blindness…the members of National Federation of the Blind. Our mentors and friends in the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado reach out to us, the families of blind and visually impaired children, to demonstrate that, with the proper attitude and adaptive skills, lack of visual acuity can be reduced to a mere nuisance.
We invite you to send us an email at email@example.com or phone for more information.Colorado Parents of Blind Children
2233 W. Shepperd Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120